I went to H Mart a week ago in Burlington. If you don't know what H Mart is, I'll give you a description. It is nothing like K Mart. It's like... a Korean Supermarket and it's huge! It's a pretty neat place. They have pre-marinated kalbi ready to be grilled, huge korean pears, grapes by the box, and kimchi of all sorts and sizes.
My family, cousins, and I were walking about the produce aisle when I heard two Korean people say something. I didn't understand the beginning of their conversation nor would I understand it but I could hear something very clearly. I heard a lot of korean words and then one of them said "baby BAnaNaaAAaAaa."
Instantly, this brought my memories to watching youtube and seeing this commercial:
I had to get this banana milk and try it. I went to the drink aisle but could find it. I went to ask around. The guy, who happened to be Hispanic, didn't know where it was. He took me to the drinks aisle, the canned fruit aisle, and the frozen foods section. And then, at the horizon of the store, I see the glorious stand of banana milk. It was only for banana milk. It was awesome. I got two packs immediately and thanked the Hispanic man for his help.
I went outside after paying for it. Upon opening the pack outsides I had a couple of reactions. First. I was disappointed that it wasn't in the small plastic bottle. It was in a cardboard box. But I was still excited to see the taste. I hurriedly pulled the straw out of the side and then punctured the foil. I took a long sip... It was... disappointing. It didn't actually taste all that great I think. It didn't make me want to jump up and dance.
I went home sad.
I think that maybe it is just a taste that I am not used to. Maybe it's an acquired taste. I'm still willing to give it a try. I will give you more chances, banana milk.
The dancing from drinking can be excused, but I do hope that I will get to see a krumping Korean lady one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment