Sunday, July 27, 2008

All You Need Is Love?

The reason why I haven't been able writing here, is better explained by the lyrics to this HelloGoodbye song:

Should I trust my printers ink
To express the things I think.
(wails on guitar)


So, I really don't know where to begin. This is likely to comprise mostly of my frustrations and a talk about my relationships (or rather failed attempts at).

I watched WALL-E a couple of weeks ago already. It was a simple story about the world, environmental issues, health, mixed with children content, humor, and more importantly... love. Now I am not normally a lovey-dovey movie kind of guy, nor am I one of those hopeless romantic sorts. But something about this movie hit me.


WALL-E is a simpleton robot living on earth and he collects things on earth while working there. He finds things about the human culture and even learns about love just in watching a tape. In that tape, there is a couple holding hands and in love. As he is sitting (or rolling) there, with his hands open clasping on themselves, he cannot grasp the concept of love. That is.. until he meets EVE.


As I looked around me during watching the fireworks on July 4th, 2008, I can't help but see the couples all paired up. I don't know if it is a feeling of jealousy, stubbornness, or whatnot. I just couldn't do anything but feel... helpless and frustrated. Even now as I type, I just can't think of the words to express what I mean.

All his life, WALL-E is looking for that someone to be his and vice versa. The power that came from that moment when they clasped their hands with each other was intense.
Will I discover who I am meant to be with? Let alone that. Will I ever have the courage to ask my EVE?

I've been looking at my relationships, mostly with the opposite sex, with a closer look now. It is almost like I am trying to see potential in other people. It's not out of desperation, because I sure hope not.

I'm seeing that there is a pattern of those whom I have liked. If I like someone for cuteness, I'd pursue them solely for their cuteness. A relationship with someone just for that would end fairly quickly as there is no... want to understand each other. You only need to look good. So I am concluding therefore that if I pursue someone for a certain trait, I would like that trait to be there...? I am not quite sure. So if I like someone for their understanding, I'd want to understand the other person too. But I guess that does sound selfish too, in that I would only do so if the other person does it first. Where's my initiative? And why is this entry just getting more complicated? It feels like when I first touched the Rubik's cube...


I don't know if I am even cut out for a relationship and this lack of courage is killing that too. I already see so many faults within me just with how I am like at home. I find myself concerned over my faults but I don't think I am realizing that everyone has faults.



I just hope that I would continue to look to God to change my heart, as I know that I cannot do this myself.

-The Hopeful Romantic




P.S. The Celtics did win the NBA finals for 2008. Haha, talk about late timing, Derek.

No comments: