Sunday, July 12, 2009

New food.

I think I've made a new goal for this summer. I want to learn to cook at least 4 good dishes that accompany rice.

1) Bibimbap
I had this in early July. It was sooo delicious in the claypot. The warm and variety of side dishes over a bed of soft rice. Even though it is not something that I can learn from my mom, is there anyone who knows how to make this? I can think of just a few... Could have probably made a lot more Korean friends.

2) Lor Mai Gai
Always ordered whenever I go have dim sum. It's just too good to resist. It's aromatic flavors which steam off the leaves. The soft and moist rice covering chicken, chinese sausage, mushrooms. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

3) Nigiri Sushi
Just any sushi in general. But the fish would need to be really really fresh. Maybe just different varieties of using salmon. I really just like plain salmon but I'm interested in seeing other ways to use it. I heard the rice was the most important part, needing the right amount of rice vinegar.

4) Bo Jai Fahn
Always so good. Similar to the Lor Mai Gai, a very Canto dish. I would always get it when I was younger in New York. I would bring it on the bus and it would smell, taste, and look sooo good... I just need to find a claypot.

No comments: