Thursday, August 26, 2010

Awaiting.

I will be having a scheduled Dentist cleaning done on the coming Wednesday. Whenever I get that friendly postcard reminder, I always call in saying that I want an appointment at least 1 to 2 weeks in. Why?

I don't like flossing. As much as I should be flossing everyday, I don't. It's probably due to the fact that I am lazy when it comes to spending time in front of a mirror to clean the little bitty crevices in my mouth, especially when brushing does most of the work. I know... breeding grounds for gingivitis.

So within that 1 to 2 week span, I attempt to floss to make myself look like I have been flossing and being a good boy. [pat pat] When I don't floss for a long time, my gums will bleed once I start flossing again. If the dentist does this initial flossing, he would realize that I haven't been flossing. That all this time, I haven't been doing what he had told me to do.

Sure, I may have gotten the majority of plaque on my teeth, but it wouldn't help my gums. The teeth is what other people can see if they look at you but the under-rated gums provide the support for the teeth. I might have been brushing the whole time, but was it actually for the health of my teeth or for the vanity of myself?

So in preparing for a known time of examination, I can and will prepare for it. I will be flossing daily and brushing my teeth for a good 3 to 5 minutes. But now, what if the Dentist comes at an unknown time?

No comments: