Summer has been over about a week ago. This was my first summer that I worked through. And honestly, it isn't all that bad as I thought it would be. I do miss those laid back summer days of just lounging around, but now that I am working, it feels better than those old days.
A typical summer day as a student would look like lots of sleeping in, forgetting the day of the week, just playing video games and getting bored. There is a lot of skipping of breakfast and getting up at 11am to watch TV, even though there isn't anything on TV... except Oprah and Montel. I have basic cable TV.
This working summer, I was able to find myself doing more than I would normally do. Work was early so I had to get up early and it was mostly outdoors. I'm finding myself doing a lot more now that I'm out of college. It's funny how normally people would be wicked involved in clubs and activities in school.
Maybe I should travel a bit to try to foods that I've always wanted to try. Or maybe I should wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment