There were many opportunities to taste it. I went to parochial school for most of my educational life. Each time we would have a mass, all believers would have an opportunity to line up for this wafer. If I looked around me, I would be able to see others who were like me. Just sitting there, because we wouldn't go to take part of this.
I dedicated my life to Christ because of what he had done, with a baptism ceremony in late 2004. I, now was able to finally taste that wafer! At a mass for upon giving up my volunteering leadership position at BC High, I was able to go and receive that wafer. I waited in that long line and the whole time, I was still wondering what it would taste like. Would it really taste like cardboard? Would it taste like a Ritz? Salted or light salted? Or no salt at all?
I reached the front of the line. As I brought my cupped hands forwards, this person said, "The body of Christ." It kind of hit me. This is the body of Christ. The body that died. The body that rose. The body that forgave even when people didn't accept it.
As I placed the wafer in my mouth, I crunched down. I winced. Winced because of this... pain that I could feel. Yet at the same time, joy as well. Joy in victory!
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
Dou jae.
No comments:
Post a Comment