#1 - Tea pouring.
I always hated sitting close to the tea kettle whenever I go to dim sum. It's not that I don't want to pour you a cup of tea. It's just that my knuckles are being singed each time I try to hold the kettle. I don't have a picture but I can somewhat describe it.
You have that handle which can fit 2 or 3 fingers depending on your finger heftiness. I'm talking about those off white ceramic tea kettles. So I have rather large finger heftiness. Now look at your fingers, now back to me. Now from the fingertips, there is that one short bone and then that first joint. Then there is an intermediate longer bone and a second joint. That second joint is the part that messes me up. Every time I try to lift the pot, that second joint touches the side of the tea kettle. Ouch.
So this past mother's day, I treated my mom and a couple of my aunts to dinner at East Chinatown. They told me what I was doing wrong all my life. And now, I am proud to say that there is a solution! Now, I have to use my index finger in the handle, and to use my flipping-off finger under the handle. It's a bit painful now, but I'll probably get used to it.
The words, "Ma Ma, yum cha," will not feared anymore! I will be ready for my wedding day... wedding dress... dress.. dress.. wedding dress..
No comments:
Post a Comment