#2 - Writing Utensil Gripping
Ever since I can remember, I've been holding a pencil one way. That one way is apparently the wrong way. So here we go with the #2!
I've been told that I had awesome and super neat handwriting by teachers and family, from 1st to 4th grade. After that time, things got messy and before that time, I wrote everything in huge caps and the text was not even in a line. Ugliness. But it's acceptable as a kid and you think of how cute it is that the baby can write his name.
During that 1st to 4th grade time, I had wicked neat penmanship. The was one problem though. It would take me forever to write that neat. Sure, it looked nice but the teacher is looking for the answer 0, and not a perfectly symmetrical object. After that 4th grade period, I was told that I write to faster. So I did.
Although my speed increased, my neatness progressively worsened. People then told me that I was writing too messy and needed to have my writing more legible. So I changed my style once again. I think it was kind of in between the two of speed and legibility. The only problem is that my hand hurts so much after writing this way. The problem? I was holding my pens & pencils like this:
I think that I equate neatness with a tight grip on the pen. But it hurts way more than it should. Now that I found out this is the incorrect way, learning the right way is proving to be extremely difficult. It's so easy just to slip back to the old way just because it works out and I'm already familiar with that style. This new "improved" way doesn't seem to be improved compared to now. It's like I'm starting to write my first time again.
No comments:
Post a Comment