Remember when you used to watch the Disney channel? You know, back when they had that one new movie a month thing?
I specifically remember one movie, called "Brink". It was about a rollerblader who had a group of friends who were really into rollerblading. All they do is rollerblade just for fun and they called themselves "soul skaters". Along comes the conflict, when the main character is battled between using his skills to make money with an evil team. And you can tell they were evil by looking at their star rollerblader.
Look at him.. or her? Now that I see that picture again, he definitely looks like a gal. But anyways!
Can doing what you love also happen to be your job? In my world (2.0), it seems like this is hardly ever the case. For example, I'm sure that my grandmother, who sold vegetables for a living, did not love to get up in the morning to sell vegetables. She probably just liked her small business to be successful, but I'm sure that she had other passions. She really loves to sing but I don't think she would have taken up singing as a profession.
I'm going to compare reasons why singing would not work out with a rather young successful singer. It could have been the odds. She may or may not be a successful singer. Not everyone can do it like Bieber. She had a family to raise and needed a job that was stable. Bieber does not have his own kids to take care of... yet? I don't know what Gomez has going on. Now, if my grandmother did become a singer, her career would probably start up very slow. This would be extremely tough on someone who has responsibilities. She may not have had someone to usher her out. Whereas Bieber had Usher. Also, does Bieber even like singing anymore or does he just get sick of it now?
I'm not saying that anyone who has a family must not do what they love. Of course not. There are definitely many examples out there. It's just that I hope that their love their family is far greater than their love for their job. I think that for a young adult like me, the possibility of jobs is endless for now. I could really do anything without major responsibilities yet. As I have people to care for, I would hope that I would start to look out for their needs more than just the wants for myself.
Priorities.
No comments:
Post a Comment