I look at Youtube a lot. By a lot, I mean daily at different videos and subscriptions, like this and this. Mostly music related which is amusing. But it's funny how videos can have a powerful effect on people... both good and bad.
So I saw this video lecture given by a professor at Carnegie Mellon, named Randy Paush. You can view the video from above. It would seem like a mundane topic, like a motivational speaker kind of thing. But looking at his life, I could see that he made an impact in this world, not just by his success, also in his interactions with other people.
That gets me wondering, what have I done? What can I contribute? I don't feel like I am the type of guy who is good at one certain thing and can use that skill. What is my gift? I mean, sure... I can try to think of some of my childhood dreams:
- Go to Disney
- Learn piano
- Shoot a basketball (well)
- Create a successful video game
- Get a pet dog.
Haha, this is why I don't like blogging. One thing leads to another and I can ramble... in text but not in speech for some odd reason. Now I think I should focus on homework and finish this later.
thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment