Monday, November 3, 2008

Black or Pinto?

Mexican food is alright, if only if there was no beans in my burrito.

As much as I like food, beans are probably my kryptonite. It is just.. mushy and gushes with filling. It is almost like mashed potatoes, without the creamy buttery taste. It just mush.

That is why I normally stay out of Mexican food joints. However, this past Friday, a group of my close friends came over to see an Anberlin concert. We were hungry, and the one who graduated from WPI knows that Moe's is a good place to eat. It was, of course, a Mexican food joint.

I went to confront my worst enemy. I walked in with my new shoes and stared at the menu. I don't think I was quite brave enough to eat the burrito again. So I went for the quesadilla. There are no beans in a quesadilla, right?

Wrong. The next question was "Black or pinto beans?" WHATTT? There are beans in a quesadilla? Being asian and getting the most of my dollar, I decided to give black beans a try. Little did I know, beans don't taste too bad. Not exactly good, but it makes me full. And there was no flatulence on my part during the concert. So all was good.

Next time, I will be having the burrito.

Oh yeah. Like my shoes? They guarded my feet that night.

No comments: