Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Masters of Two-Word Wonders.

Having 21 years of experience in listening to emerging songs, I have come up with two-word wonders.

1) T-Pain.
"Shawwwttayyy! YeeaAAAeeaayeahhh..."

These two words repeated in the beginning and outro of the song will make any song a hit in no time! No. Really. It does. He pimped out a song about being on a boat. That has to be an achievement unlocked right there.

2) Lil Jon.
"WHaaaaaTT! OKAAAYyyyy!"

Yeah yeah yeah.. yeah yeah.. yeeaaaaahhh. This was one of my most favorite songs from high school. I'm really not quite sure why I liked it so much back then. Perhaps is was Usher's smooth moves.. or Lil Jon's random what's and okay's in the song.


3) Jin the MC.
"Yum dahm cha. Sic goh bao."

Being a Cantonese ABC myself, this had to be on here. Reminding me of the clash and clamors of the dim sum environment. In fact, this song really makes me want to go eat some dim sum right now. Mmm.. Ha Gao... Honorable mention would be the Dim Sum Girl.

4) Hanson Brothers.
"MMMBop! baduuDAPbaDAPduuuuWAP."

Okay.. so baduuDAPbaDAPduuuuWAP may not exactly qualify as a word. But none the less, these guys were able to make a hit single without even using real words! That just clearly earns a spot on this list. And this goes to show that you don't have to be a rapper in order to be cool... (maybe.)

I think the oldest Hanson has something wrong with his eye.

No comments: