Happy Fifth of Mayonnaise*! I appreciate mayo for being on my Honey Ham and Swiss sandwiches from Quiznos but I think they will put excessive amounts today if I get one... not only because of the ocassion today, but also, undergraduate classes at WPI will be ending!
I am officially out tomorrow. How to celebrate? How about an evening in a Saltwater Room. That sounds splendid, I say.
Since classes are ending, things have been increasingly frustrating. The feeling of not knowing what I will be doing after graduation makes me quite nervous about my future. I really really really want to start working and have been excited about it since Junior year. I was hoping to get something at least before graduation but things are starting to look grim as the end of the school year is only one day tomorrow. I am still hopeful. If not, I'll try find a temporary job for now, in case I can't find a job and sign up for graduate school. Ahh... the sight of debt soaring.
An recent insight that I was reminded of:
"At college, I learned how to learn." All of the other things, such as Structural Analysis and Fluid Dynamics are nice and important concepts but when I leave and find a job, I will be trained to do new things. They might or might not use the same things that I have learned. Grades are still important. They can measure how hard one works and shows it to a future employer or graduate school application reviewer.
Ok, now to try to finish off my Beam Analysis! I think I'm going to be missing these late nights in Kaven Hall... [tear.]
*By the way, for all the Season Nazi's, the first paragraph is a joke, except for the Honey Ham and Swiss.
No comments:
Post a Comment